Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday July 9, 2011 Florida

There were two parts to the day. In the morning I went back to the KSC Visitor's Center (I could use the ticket I got on Friday for a 2nd day) and see some more of the exhibits. Then for the afternoon I was driving down to Miami.

It was a very nice morning, so I started by dragging Mike's Pants with me into the Visitor's Center to take some candids. I got some pretty good pictures in the Rocket Garden. There was also an Enterprise bridge where I got some photos. After I was done with that, I took him back out to the car and then went into some of the other areas that I had missed before. There was an early spaceflight building where they had a mockup of the Soyuz as well as other early rockets and satellites. There were also some nice models of the rockets used in the man space program, including some early Saturn models.

In addition to the Enterprise bridge (original series) there was at least one other Star Treck exhibit tucked away. They included several modules I think were shooting models form various series and some movies. There was also a long cronology of the Star Trek universe.

I also saw the iMax 3D movie about the Space Telescope. This included footage from several different missions that launched and repaired the telescope (there were more than I had thought).

FInally, I got some pictures of the full scale (I think) Shuttle with SRBs and External Tanks.

Then it was time to leave. I made pretty good time down to Miami. I was continually worried about whether my tollway tags actually worked, but other than that, it was not very eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment