Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011 Brockport, NY

Today I only had a few things planned. I was going to start off with a lunch with John H. I hadn't seen him since the reunion and had no idea what he has been doing. We met at a local eatery. I told him about what I had been doing and he told me what he was up to. He has a wife and three kids has a job and is a peace activist.

After lunch I met up with John (a different John, my host) and his phone with GPS at the start of the path to the Soldiers' Memorial. I made another video of the walk along the path toward the monument. After I had that done, I took a few pictures and then we went geocaching. We used John's GPS and the coordinates I had on the cache to try to find it. The place where I had looked before was completely wrong. The cache was much further off the path than I was expecting. But the coordinate resolution of the phone was precise enough that we found the area where the cache was hidden. Then it was just a matter of looking around. John actually found it. I took a rock that had been labelled with "Brockport, NY" and some initials to take down to Dallas and dump in a cache there.


After that John went back home to do work and I headed into Brockport to get video of the liftbridge. I wanted to get the full cycle from the traffic lights turning red, the bridge raising and lowering to the traffic light turning green again. I got all of that but the sound was corrupted a bit by the wind.







As I was packing up to leave I realized I hadn't taken out Mike's pants at all - for the bridge or the tower. So I went back to the car and got it and took a few pictures of it on the bridge. Then I drove back to the monument and trekked in for the fourth time to get some pictures there.

That was all of the adventuring for the day. Back "home" we had pizza and then went out for ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment