Monday, July 27, 2009

Beautiful Downtown Wichita

Monday July 27, 2009 Post 2

I finally made it to downtown Wichita, my first stop, at about 4:20 PM. That means it took me about 7 hours to go 350 miles - 50 miles an hour on average. That's typical for me due to rest stops, meals and such. Rain and road maintenance didn't help.

My first stop was the Planning/Zoning office in City Hall. I should explain that something I've done for many years is collect zoning maps. It's strange, but I've been doing it for years. I just like them. Anyway, the woman at the desk gave me a strange look then called someone and gave me a website. It seems they've gone digital. It turns out the site does have the information I want but not nearly in such a clean concise form as a printed image (the graphics aren't that good either).

After that, I took some pictures of City Hall and some other interesting buildings (next post) and then found my hotel. Tomorrow I'm aiming for a statue by the local river. Hopefully it won't be to rainy and foggy.

TTFN

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment