Monday, July 27, 2009

Wichita Photos

Monday July 27, 2009 Post 3

Here are descriptions of the photos I got downtown:

City Hall - Large black and shiny. They hid the directory of services in the elevator, so I had to ask. I guess it points out the out-of-towners.











City Courthouse - Looks like any other office building. I guess some legal stuff goes on inside, but it didn't look that official.











Federal Courthouse - This looks more like a courthouse. I didn't get too close so I'm not sure when it was built, but the style is distinct.







The Historic Count Courthouse (got that from a sign) - This was the most interesting. It looks like an official building complete with monument outside (not sure for what). I did go inside hoping there was a tour or explanatory markers. It turns out it's actually a working courthouse, so I mostly got glares from people. Other than the nice marble stairs and walls, there wasn't much to see.



St Mary's Cathedral - Got a picture because it was near by.













Here's a slideshow of the photos from my first day in Wichita.

TTFN,

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment