Monday, July 27, 2009

The Journey Begins - with Rain

Monday July 27, 2009: Post 1 (note, I'm doing this as several posts, because I don't know how to arrange photos the way I want).

My vacation started with rain. It varied between light and heavy from the start at 9:20 AM until about 3 PM when I saw my first direct sunlight. The photo shows a typical scene. I guess this was a surprise because it's summer and when I've taken a vacation in summer in the last few years, rain was hardly ever an issue. OK, I suppose the fact that I lived in LA and mostly traveled the Southwest probably set those expectations.


Somewhere in Oklahoma I came across a BMX track/pit (at least that's what I think it is) made out of Red dirt. I'm not sure what geology makes this possible, but it looked interesting. It did seem to make a mess. A shopkeeper was scraping it off the entrance when I went in. Now it's on my floor mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment